What Monster Lies Within…

May 8th, 2007   •   14 comments

… the shutters of this vacant shop outlet at Central ©, the spanking new Japanese themed shopping centre along Hill Street?

Hmmm, anybody want to guess? Is it…
The spectre of poor sales.
b) The beast of bankruptcy.
c) The creature of customer indifference.

d) The demon of “don’t know about this place”.

Tags: , , , ,

1. posted on May 09, 2007 at 2:43 AM

nice candid shot!
    Is there a dinosaurs in there which attracts Ethan attention?

2. posted on May 09, 2007 at 5:57 AM

I pity those retailers at Central. I see DOOM!

Why on earth would I want to go there? It’s out of the way. Plus there are so many large shopping malls that offer a wide variety of shops and merchandise in Singapore.

I notice its shuttle bus outside Raffles MRT station is running empty most of the time. haiz….

3. posted on May 09, 2007 at 11:46 AM

zeezee, its actually a make belief game that I played with him. I told him to imagine that there are invisible monsters in there and tapped on the grill to make a noise. He was thrilled to bits!

4. posted on May 09, 2007 at 11:48 AM

Yeah, like you I found its positioning a little weird. The SOHO concept may work above but the shopping mall and its tenant mix befuddles me. However, I enjoy its Japanese F&B restaurants though they aren’t exactly the best in town.

5. posted on May 09, 2007 at 1:34 PM

It’s choice (d) for me – I don’t know where this place is (and I also don’t want to know). 😛

6. posted on May 09, 2007 at 1:40 PM

C)?? I don’t find anything that interest me there at Central. I like places where there are exhibition galleries, libraries and open spaces, so Esplanade – theatres on the Bay attracts me better.

Hey Cool Insider, you do have quite an imagination try to ask your son to imagine a monster behind the grill.

7. posted on May 09, 2007 at 1:58 PM

Good one there. I think we also have one too many shopping centres in Singapore!

8. posted on May 09, 2007 at 2:00 PM

yes, you are certainly the Renaissance Woman of the 21st century. I agree that places with libraries, exhibitions and performing art spaces are more interesting. For me, I always enjoy visiting Esplanade for their free performances which add a melodic and musical air of festivity.

9. posted on May 09, 2007 at 2:21 PM

natasshea, well you know boys like things like monsters, dinosaurs, power rangers, spiders and other creepy crawlies…. 😉

10. Anonymous
    posted on May 09, 2007 at 3:03 PM

Hey Walter, yep, it’s the David that inhabit the office-behind-the-colored-panes. See ya next Tuesday. You’re coming, right? 😉

11. posted on May 09, 2007 at 11:54 PM

Cool Insider: I read that you like the free performances at the Esplanade.

You may be interested to know that (if all goes well), I will be performing a 30-minutes item with my friends from a double bass quartet at Esplanade Concourse, on 30 and 31 May 2007. from 7.30 – 8.00 p.m., and 8.45 – 9.15 p.m. So you will have four chances to listen to us.

We will be playing music from the genre of jazz and Bossa Nova. Of course, being lovers of classical music, we will also be playing several classical music pieces.

And a few selected folks will get to have a hands-on on the double bass. Hopefully, Ethan could get that chance??

(We will play similar programme for each set, but different people will get to be treated to the hands-on section.)

12. posted on May 10, 2007 at 12:49 AM

Hey David, thanks for popping by! Afraid that I can’t join you guys but who knows, maybe the meeting date and time may change?

13. posted on May 10, 2007 at 12:51 AM

oceanskies thanks for the heads up. Will ask my missus to see if we can make a trip down to Esplanade on 30 or 31 May. 😉 Speaking of which this provides a great lead in to my next ill thought out post on marketing classical music…