Cold Cold Heart

February 1st, 2007   •   15 comments

Sad bear in cage
Sad bear in a cage in Hokkaido

Lately, the weather seemed to have turned particularly chilly and windy, and I have felt relatively cool even in mid day. Suddenly sunny Singapore has gone temperate.

Something seemed to have also gone wrong with my body system. I usually get very warm easily and prefer to switch on the air conditioning at a lower temperature at my home. Lately however, it feels as if the “yang qi” has left my physical self, leaving me feeling all cold and chilly. Perhaps it is time to pay a visit to the TCM.
In a freakish twist of fate, this lack of fire coincided with something else happening in my life. My once feverish fervour and boundless passion have evaporated in recent weeks. No I am not talking about my relationship with my wife (which had always been fabulous) but well, something else.

I think my funky state of affairs can be best captured by excerpts from Elton John’s Sacrifice:

“Its a human sign
When things go wrong
When the scent of her lingers
And temptations strong….

Cold cold heart
Hard done by you
Some things look better baby
Just passing through

But its no sacrifice
No sacrifice
Its no sacrifice at all…”

In other words, I am getting restless…

1. posted on Feb 01, 2007 at 3:31 PM

Hi, I have checked with some of my colleagues and my friends, and we all agree that the past nights have gone cold. Take care please.

By the way, would I need to gain clearance from ACM in order to blog about the Mystery Men exhibition? I was reading ACM’s visitors’ information….

2. posted on Feb 01, 2007 at 6:49 PM

Weather does affect our emotion.
    Haha.. may be tat is so called ‘Calm before the storm’.
    Wat will be the next big thing lying ahead? *ponder*

3. posted on Feb 02, 2007 at 12:37 AM

oceanskies, I have directed this request internally. You should hear from Shaun pretty soon.

4. posted on Feb 02, 2007 at 12:47 AM

Zeezee, thanks for popping by and offering a word in solitude. I tried to post comments on your blog but unfortunately they disappeared? Don’t know what’s happening lately and I better not link it to the weather again.

5. posted on Feb 02, 2007 at 2:23 AM

6. posted on Feb 02, 2007 at 2:25 AM

hoho… getting restless huh? aiyo, I better not read too much into it, or else kena tekan again.

Dun blame the weather la, blame the forever restless heart…心痒痒!

7. posted on Feb 02, 2007 at 3:23 AM

yeap yeap..I agree these few days have been pretty cold’ish man..I was walking back to office from lunch yesterday under the blazing sun when we were greeting by a gush of cool cool wind…woah..reminds us of spring eh? niceeee..

8. posted on Feb 02, 2007 at 4:19 AM

Hey! I’d agree both hands up – its getting a little cold lately! Lately, I even started to switch to bathing warm water… even in the day!

9. posted on Feb 02, 2007 at 6:32 AM

This is part of the freak weather conditions that we are having lately – bad floods in Thomson Road and JB, snow in relatively warm parts of the world and drought in others – all due to environmental abuse and neglect by us human beings.

10. posted on Feb 02, 2007 at 6:51 AM

Victor may have got it right man..environmental abuse sucks big time…

El Nino is coming anyhoo…so we should be getting warmer seasons pretty soon..sigh…oh well..we should make the best out of it eh? Now where is my suntan lotion?

11. posted on Feb 02, 2007 at 11:11 AM

Thanks for the comments guys.

I guess the cooling weather is truly something which everybody has experienced in recent days. Personally, I enjoyed the winds though at times my hands felt freezingly cold.

As Zeezee and eastcoastlife seem to allude to, my heart is indeed restless and searching. I will be 37 years old this year and I need to do a serious stock take of my life, what I hope to achieve, my dreams and aspirations. “I believe I can fly…. I believe I can touch the sky….”

12. posted on Feb 02, 2007 at 11:13 AM

Victor and Jason,

You guys could be right. It could be related to the environmental havoc that man has been wrecking on our world. We can never win this game as hell has no wrath like a woman scorned. Especially if its mother Earth!

I have another theory which is a bit darker and more morbid related to the end times….

13. Elaine
    posted on Feb 03, 2007 at 2:41 AM

eh.. my comments didnt show up?

14. posted on Feb 03, 2007 at 12:07 AM

Ya, u hv to believe in sth n u hv to believe in urself. Thats the first step to success. Always in search n progress, dats how we can improve. Looking fwd to ur gd news.

15. posted on Feb 03, 2007 at 6:03 AM

You posted something here? Sometimes the word verification thingy in blogger is a little screwy. Actually many other things about it are, but I am too lazy to migrate my blog to another platform… 😉