Happy Year of the Ham

February 18th, 2007   •   9 comments

Ethan wishes you “Gong Xi Fa Cai, Xin Nian Kuai Le!”

Here’s wishing all my friends, family members and readers a very “pork”-sperous Chinese New Year full of “ham”-some harvests, sausage days, pigging out, fat returns, and endless opportunities to go the whole hog!

In the wise words of the 40th President of the United States, Ronald Reagan:

“I am very proud to be called a pig. It stands for pride, integrity and guts.” Hmmm….reminds me of ter huang kiam chye!

Tags: , ,

1. tanguy
    posted on Feb 18, 2007 at 10:46 PM

Xin Nian Kuai Le to you too Walter… this coming year will be a fantastic one, I know !

posted on Feb 19, 2007 at 3:18 AM

Hey Walter, time to add a ‘piglet’ to the family so that Ethan has someone to fight, I mean play with. He seems to have grown quite a bit.

3. posted on Feb 19, 2007 at 3:00 AM

Happy Chinese New Year!!!

And thanks for passing by my blog…..

4. posted on Feb 19, 2007 at 8:45 AM

Ethan is taller now. I still imagine him in his diapers. hehe…….

ya, time to heed the government’s call to increase the population! A daughter would be nice.

posted on Feb 20, 2007 at 3:19 AM

Beware, children grow up when you are not looking, they say. Your Ethan will be like Jaymes @ECL b4 you know it.

I too blogged about this topic a few months ago under the title, Precious Memories. Hope you will also share some of your “kids say the darndest things” stories.

6. posted on Feb 19, 2007 at 11:37 PM

Thanks for your wishes and greetings guys! For Chun See and eastcoastlife’s urging, which I do get quite a lot of from my relatives too, I can only say that we are quite happy with the status quo as it is. 😉

7. posted on Feb 20, 2007 at 4:22 PM

Happy New Year to you too, Walter. Wah, Ethan is bigger than the lion dance costume already. Do not wait too long before deciding on a 2nd one, otherwise they can’t really play or fight with each other fairly if their age gap is too wide.

8. posted on Feb 21, 2007 at 2:48 AM

erm..too late to greet y’all happy new year? oh well…HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

oh btw..I did remember owning that “lang sai” thing in my younger days man…

9. posted on Feb 21, 2007 at 1:20 PM

fwaahh.. didn’t know you also so terror man…. My son is really obsessed about lion and dragon dancing and all it takes is to hear the sound of the thundering Chinese drums and clanging cymbals to stir him up into a frenzy.