Run For Your Life!

February 12th, 2007   •   10 comments

Ethan running wild at Orchid Garden

Ever since my university days, I have loved to go on long outdoor runs. Covering distances between 8 to 10 km, these sessions provide a much needed respite from the vagaries of life.

There is something about the feeling of wind rushing through your hair, sweat dripping from your brows, and your heart pumping hard as you stride across kilometres. Your mind will be much clearer as you think through the key issues of your life and focus on the ones that matter.
The fresh air and scenery provides an intoxicating and heady mix that you deeply inhale. To top it off, there will be the accompanying endorphin high and after burner effect which keeps you happy hours after the run.

Of course, there will also be benefits for your physique and look, as well as your sanity. To me, running provides much needed therapy for the mind, body and soul.

Lately – well at least for the past two days – I have started going on long hard runs again. My legs pounding the asphalt step after step, I discovered a new sense of peace which have evaded me for quite some time. I found that it helped me to bring fresh perspective to my life and not to sweat the small stuff at work, at home, or anywhere else.

You should try it one day too. Any form of aerobic exercise will do, be it brisk walking, cycling, swimming, boxerobics, soccer, basketball, or running. And no, this message is not brought to you by the Health Promotion Board, though Vanessa should be glad!

1. posted on Feb 12, 2007 at 3:49 PM

I rollerblade but it is not in your list of beneficial aerobic exercises. My friend tells me that it is kinder to the joints than running or jogging but that was not my experience.

2. etel
    posted on Feb 13, 2007 at 5:44 AM

i’ve always enjoyed your entries because i personally think that you really put in effort in each entry when you mentioned about the various marketing dos, don’ts, and all the reasoning..

i study business myself & therefore can relate to what you’ve been saying.. hehe.. market my pineapple tarts for me ok?

wahahahha.. just kidding though :p

3. posted on Feb 13, 2007 at 2:52 AM

Mmm.. time to get some fresh air!!

4. posted on Feb 13, 2007 at 2:57 AM

fwah..u are right brudder..I do run once in a while (like say once in two months…keke) but do it mostly in the gym.

Now that you mentioned the fresh air and all..I fell like I should pick up my running shoes and run about a little more…

Like Zee said…time to get some fresh air…:)

5. posted on Feb 13, 2007 at 8:23 AM

I agree with etel man…makes me feel like a slack blogger..sigh~

so erm..u make pineapple tarts eh? coz erm..iLikes pineapple tarts…mmmm… :p

6. posted on Feb 13, 2007 at 8:27 AM

Hey thanks guys for the comments and encouragement. I try to blog on topics which I feel slightly more qualified to talk about. Not always 100% sense but well try lor.

I think its important to take care of one’s health as life can be very uncertain and short. Having been hospitalised twice during my 4 years in the current job, I know what I am talking about. I certainly do not want to die on the job (touch wood!).

7. posted on Feb 13, 2007 at 8:32 AM

I will certainly be blogging about baking and how you can do Word Of Mouth. Just for the heck of it… haha…. All I ask for are some pineapple tarts.. 😉

posted on Feb 14, 2007 at 1:48 AM

Agree 100%. My briskwalking has taken me to many nice parks in Spore. Also get to enjoy the flora of Spore. And stuff to blog about too. But must first get me a good camera phone.

9. Elaine
    posted on Feb 14, 2007 at 5:21 PM

hahaha! i dun mind! hee be waiting for your baking entry!

10. etel
    posted on Feb 14, 2007 at 5:24 PM

jason: i feel so slack also! haha.. already hopped to ur blog to comment! 😀