Thematic Toilets

July 3rd, 2007   •   10 comments

Anybody who has visited Great World City at Kim Seng Road in Singapore would have noticed its toilets. Painted in resplendent colours and themed to various countries around the world, they provide a nice respite (in more ways than one) to the otherwise drab and uninspiring experience of easing oneself. Its bathrooms are decked in designs and patterns hailing from Japan, Holland, Africa, Thailand and other regions.

The exterior of this Spanish themed gentlemen’s room looked fairly nondescript save for the painted bulls by the side.

Once you step in though, you are greeted by this “poster” of a matador bullfighting at a Spanish arena.

Colourful Spanish styled pillars and columns adorn the wash basin areas.

Hmmm…. is that a crowd watching you ….errr… do your business?

Classical Spanish-styled architecture transports one to the streets of Madrid or Barcelona while other “movements” are happening.

Tags: , , , ,

1. posted on Jul 03, 2007 at 3:19 PM

Yes, the toilets are quite a pretty sight!

Oops! You captured the guys peeing. That little boy’s not Ethan, right?

2. ays
    posted on Jul 04, 2007 at 5:13 AM

interesting toilets. i have to see that one of these days.

3. posted on Jul 04, 2007 at 7:47 AM

Too bad you can’t take pic at Female toilet, I wonder how the painting is.

4. posted on Jul 04, 2007 at 3:09 PM

Thanks for popping by! Yes, you should go and have a look. Every level has a different theme and its interesting to have a bit of entertainment while easing yourself…

5. posted on Jul 04, 2007 at 3:11 PM

I think the female loos at Great World City are also just as interesting, decked in thematic designs. Maybe they have stuff there that attracts the fairer gender? 😉

6. posted on Jul 05, 2007 at 12:55 AM

Oh…can do a spanish dance in there…hahha…and how can you manage with a camera in the toilet? Wahahah! Must be empty at that time.

7. posted on Jul 05, 2007 at 10:14 AM

Yah it was quite quiet… even then i still accidentally took some picture of people in my lenses… oops..

8. posted on Jul 05, 2007 at 3:02 PM

I remember that when I was at Great World City a few years ago, I went to every floor to check out the toilets. I even asked my male friend to check one of the male toilets and when there’s no one inside, I went to make a comparison in the design between the gents and ladies.

I remember concluding that gents and ladies were generally similar in design except the one on Japanese theme….if I had recalled correctly.

9. posted on Jul 06, 2007 at 3:12 AM

Wow. Looks like you are even more of a loo fetish than I do. Hmmm… interesting observation about the differences between male and female toilets.

For me, one of the reasons why I am quite obsessed with toilets is because of my IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). Yeah, I do have some gastro-intestinal issues and when the time comes, I have to go folks!