Incredible Peeing Wall!

November 22nd, 2007   •   7 comments

After attending a staff seminar this evening, I walked along Boat Quay area and came across this unusual phenomenon at the base of OCBC building.

I liked the way the mirror image of the skyscrapers were captured in this dark pool. As I walked along, I gingerly strode on these granite planks…

And came face to face with one of the iconic sculptures around the financial district by Henry Moore.

This one had been around for quite some time and is called Reclining Figure. In case you do not know, Henry Moore was one of the foremost sculptors in UK, whose pieces can fetch up to millions even.

As I walked down from the sculpture, I noticed a freakish thing happening at the side of the dark granite wall. Can you spot it?

Yes, believe it or not, the wall is peeing! OK, ok, maybe the water feature just had a bad “flow” day.

Tags: , ,

1. posted on Nov 22, 2007 at 2:07 PM

The Henry Moore’s Reclining Figure has been around for many years, but I don’t remember seeing it being surrounded by water in the past.

Henry Moore’s outdoor sculptures are usually designed for the particular location that it would be placed. While I prefer this Reclining Figure to be placed on green lands, the new landscaped design seems quite engaging for children to get closed to the sculpture.

2. Anonymous
    posted on Nov 23, 2007 at 1:46 AM

Why don’t u imitate the famous Dutch boy who stuck his thumb in a dyke to hold back the flood waters?

3. posted on Nov 23, 2007 at 6:52 AM

This is nice but wonder how many ppl will notice this beauty, esp those who passby everyday.

Great that you blogged it.

4. posted on Nov 24, 2007 at 12:35 AM

Glad to hear that you were aware of the public sculptures in the financial district. Few would know that some of the sculptures in the vicinity were created by world famous artists like Bottero and Gaudi.

5. posted on Nov 24, 2007 at 12:37 AM

Haha…. Now what was that story called?

6. posted on Nov 24, 2007 at 12:39 AM

I truly hope that more people would take time to appreciate the aesthetic beauty of art, heritage and nature. As somebody in the business of museums, I tend to be more sensitive to these little things. Life is hectic in a cosmopolitan city like Singapore, and we all need these little breaks now and then.

posted on Nov 24, 2007 at 2:18 PM

It’s funny how people notice things that interest them. I saw the Ellison Building along Selegie Rd and blogged about it becos it was an old building (>80 yrs). Siva passed by the same place and blogged about the flowering water apple tree.

I wonder what Victor will blog about if he sees your peeing wall?