The Power of Traditional Chinese Medicine

November 2nd, 2007   •   7 comments

Yes, I am finally back from my blogging hiatus over the past 2 weeks or so. Thanks for your well-wishes and continued encouragement.

One of the reasons why I could bounce back to my feet is the result of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) treatments which helped restore my health. You will be surprised at the efficacy of TCM herbal remedies which date back thousands of years. Unlike Western medication which tend to treat the symptoms, TCM looks at treating both the symptoms and the cause of ill health. It embraces a holistic approach and philosophy encompassing lifestyle changes, diet, and stress management in order to achieve true healing.

Of course, TCM isn’t that cheap compared to visiting your regular GP. A typical session complete with medication may cost anything from $60 to $100 or more. Plus, they can’t issue Medical Certificates (MCs). You also have to wait for a long time and make appointments to visit popular “sinsehs”, and this includes hunting them down in obscure corners of the island!

Often, traditional remedies can do a lot more to fortify one’s well being than the synthetic drugs and high potency antibiotics favoured in modern medicine. However, they do take a longer period of healing compared to the “wham, bam” approach favoured by state-of-the-art pharmaceuticals.

Of course, not everything can be healed through traditional approaches. For serious illnesses and emergencies, one should definitely consult a specialist or even make an appointment at the A&E units of hospitals. However, do consider them next time if you have a long-suffering running nose or a dizzy spell. I did and it certainly made a difference to me!

1. ed
    posted on Nov 02, 2007 at 11:36 AM

Glad to see you are back. Must be having alot of stuffs to catch up with, especially work.

Hopefully, we see more recognition for Traditional Medicine. The problem doesn’t lies in the practitioner but rather the regulatory board is not educated in it.

2. posted on Nov 05, 2007 at 6:11 AM

Brudder Walter, good to know you have bounced back on your feet. I am not exactly a regular visitor when it comes to TCM (I need the MC lah), but I sure know it treats the root of the problem. More long term than western’s short term’ish ways of curing I say.

Like what Ed says, hopefully TCM will be more recognised one day… 😉

3. posted on Nov 06, 2007 at 6:26 PM

It’s been quite a while since I stopped in to say hi.

I would like to extend a personal invitation for you to participate in a “Traveling Directory.” It will offer you a way to:
    * Share your blog
    * Explain why you blog
    * Find new blogs to read
    * Promote your blog
    * Obtain instant links
    * Increase readership

Follow this link; it will be self explanatory.

4. posted on Nov 07, 2007 at 1:27 PM

hopping by.. haven’t been here a bit.

Glad to hear that you’re much better. I took TCM before and it seemed to be working but mine was the sort where one had to “boil 7 bowls of water into one”… and it took up so much time I gave up.

Glad it helped you though!

5. posted on Nov 09, 2007 at 9:39 PM

Dear friends,

Thanks for your encouragement and concern. As you can see, I am still taking some time to bounce back to my old blogging frenzy. But certainly TCM does help.

Now I am trying to get back to exercising and running more regularly as part of the recuperative process. Hopefully, things will work out and the cool insider will be back in action!

6. posted on Nov 11, 2007 at 5:11 AM

Glad to hear that you are feeling better.. 🙂