Achieving Well Being

December 2nd, 2007   •   8 comments

Yesterday evening, my family and I went down to support the launch of my Aunt Cherry Choo’s new business “Being Associates” at Stirling Road (Blk 169, #01-1149). As an ardent supporter of Traditional Chinese Medicine, it gave me pleasure to see my aunt embracing its principles and going into a business venture which supported holistic health. An authorised Natorny Health & Complexion Care Centre, Being Associates specialise in complexion problems and health care achieved largely through herbal nourishment founded on principles of Chinese herbology. You can find out more about them here.

P1060795
The spanking new shopfront of Being Associates at Stirling Road near Queensway. Note the brand colours of blue and white.

P1060835>
Friends and family members signing their well wishes to the fledgling venture.

P1060802
Professor Master Kwek, founder of Natorny Healthcare Group, officiating at the launch.

P1060811
Master Kwek giving a short lecture on some of the Dos and Don’ts needed to achieve well being. On his right is my aunt followed by her partner Ms Loh. You can actually listen to a podcast of his interview at 938 Live! here.

P1060812
Attendees to the launch listening intently to the tips on TCM.

P1060807
Some of the products available on sale. They come coded in different colours and numbers for easier reference and can be mixed together by the spoonfuls depending on what ails you.

P1060818
A special temperature controlled refrigerator maintains the herbal products at optimal temperatures.

P1060817
Charts like this tell you some of the basic principles embraced by TCM practitioners. This one for example tells you to sleep by 11 pm every night in order to let your body rejuvenate itself. Oops… I think many of us fail to achieve that!

P1060820
A treatment room is available for customers who may need herbal beauty treatments for complexion problems.

P1060822
After the launch and talk, it is makan time! The spread was pretty good with a mix of East and West.

P1060827
Here’s a shot of my family members having a discourse on the vicissitudes of herbal medicines versus Western drugs…. or maybe they are just talking about Family 101?

P1060832
Whenever you have two boys of pre-school age, tomfoolery is the result. Here’s Ethan (4) and Isaac (5) having some fun pretending to be Power Rangers.

8 comments

1. Entrepreneur
    posted on Dec 03, 2007 at 2:42 AM

Congratulations to your relatives for the opening. As ardent believers in entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship we wish them well and will give our support!

What I don’t understand is this … the name??? BEING ASSOCIATES??

2. Jason Ho
    posted on Dec 03, 2007 at 5:09 AM

that is one modern TCM clinic man..maybe I should pop there for my sprains or backaches, etc…hmmm…

3. posted on Dec 03, 2007 at 6:07 PM

That’s too cool..! i’ll make sure to look for you . when i come home.. so you can introduce me to your aunt. I love traditional medicine versus the western ones.. 😉 but i like “modern” traditional medicine.. better .. .;)

4. priscilla
    posted on Dec 04, 2007 at 3:14 PM

Cool!! Passing the contact right along to mummy and my gf!

5. posted on Dec 04, 2007 at 10:17 PM

Thanks for your support folks. As in any new entrepreneurial venture, word of mouth is important for the initial few weeks of the business. Something like TCM or holistic health requires people to share how good the experience was to gain traction. I will be trying some of the imbibations myself sometime in the future and will definitely blog about them.

6. posted on Dec 06, 2007 at 7:42 AM

I am certainly guilty of sleeping way past 11 pm every night, with all the blogging and blog-hopping to do. But never mind, if I should fall sick, I shall seek the services of this TCM shop. 😉

7. BE
    posted on Dec 06, 2007 at 1:21 PM

Hey ..Cherry here, if you or your friends (LADIES ONLY) has blemishes, freckles, dehydrated or reddened face, …complexion challenges, ask them to give me a call at 64739876 or 91810919. And if they are free on this Saturday, 8 Dec 07 from 1pm to 5pm (Please call to book first)…Master Kwek is available to provide advise and treatment. This is a not to miss golden opportunity !

Oh Why BEING ASSOCIATES…well, we are dealing with Human BEING and in particular their WELL BEING…and we are associate with Natorny..

8. posted on Dec 06, 2007 at 5:47 PM

My blog theme this week is Chinese Traditional treatments wor.

I can’t write as well as you. But what I wrote are my personal experience.

I believe in the Chinese traditional treatments. It has no side effects and it gets to the roots of the problems.

Congrats on Cherry’s venture.